Reloading articles "American Idol" on the 6.8SPC

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

Reloading articles "American Idol" on the 6.8SPC

#1 Post by saddler »

Hi

Anyone have the three part set of articles "American Idol" from the 2015 Sporting Rifle magazines?

Written by Laurie Holland on the 6.8SPC round

A couple of us on here would be interested in copies...plus maybe the 68-forum chaps too, for a non-US perspective.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Reloading articles "American Idol" on the 6.8SPC

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Have you tried asking Laurie?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#3 Post by saddler »

...er, no.
Not yet, forgot that he was on here!!
Laurie

#4 Post by Laurie »

Hmmm .... I was sure I'd done a Target Shooter online magazine version too which would be available as archived free downloads, but apparently not. Many of the The Sporting Rifle features are available too online archived so Google it and you'll likely find them.

If not, PM me with your email address and I can send you the original Word doc texts. You don't get the pics but the information is all there.

It's a nice little cartridge, would love to shoot it in a semi-auto AR-15, although I think the 6.5 Grendel (or its Robert Whitley 6mm developments) would likely be even more fun. I sold the SGC rifle a good while back though after more than 10 years ownership in 223 then 6.8SPC iterations as I didn't have much use for it, not competing in anything that suited this platform.
saddler

#5 Post by saddler »

PM on the way

A pity the articles are not on-line as the 6.8 is a nice little round, just slightly askew of present UK laws on rifles/ammunition.