Pattern 1888 Bayonet

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
JS569
Home club or Range: catterick

Pattern 1888 Bayonet

#1 Post by JS569 »

I have a Pattern 1888 bayonet for sale, it is 1888 Pattern MK I Type 2 marked 10, 96 (Oct 1896). Stampings are very faint, but the War Dept arrow is visible plus some other on the blade edge, the tang and on the pommel 86 which I guess refers to a rifle number, there is also the letter N where the metal meets the grips, which may refer to Naval service based on my research.

The blade is clean with no chips or signs of third party sharpening, the grips are also in good condition with one or two minor dings to be expected on an items of this age. The leather scabbard is is excellent condition and marked with EFD (Royal Arms Factory Enfield) refering to the producer, WD arrow, N (Naval) and R.E (perhaps Royal Engineers - but this doesn't make much sense if the N is referring to Naval). If you have any questions or are interested please let me know. Images attached for reference

£240
Attachments
IMG_1652.JPG
IMG_1651.JPG