Once fired brass for sale 7.62mm and 5.56mm GGG, HPS-TR, PPU

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

Once fired brass for sale 7.62mm and 5.56mm GGG, HPS-TR, PPU

#1 Post by breacher »

165 no of HPS-TR headstamp 7.62mm / .308 brass - I think it is once fired as the loaded ammo it came from was fired by myself and it certainly looked like their new brass loading ( the loaded HPS ammo was gifted to me ) Sell for £15

500 no of GGG .308 Match grade ONCE FIRED brass ( This is from the GGG 168gr Match ammo I use in my LMT ) Sell for £60

200 no of GGG .308 Match grade ONCE FIRED brass ( This is from the GGG 168gr Match ammo I use in my LMT ) Sell for £24

700 no of Privi 5.56mm Match grade ONCE FIRED - this is from their 69gr Match load which I used last CSR season. Sell for £70

Collect from March, Cambs.

Or from me at The Phoenix Meeting - I will be there Thursday night, all day Friday and all day Saturday.

Also advertised elsewhere so get in quick fingerscrossed
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
rox

Re: Once fired brass for sale 7.62mm and 5.56mm GGG, HPS-TR,

#2 Post by rox »

breacher wrote:165 no of HPS-TR headstamp 7.62mm / .308 brass - I think it is once fired as the loaded ammo it came from was fired by myself and it certainly looked like their new brass loading
IIRC the HPS loaded in new brass can be identified by the presence of the 'J' pressed into the primers.

breacher

#3 Post by breacher »

rox wrote:
breacher wrote:165 no of HPS-TR headstamp 7.62mm / .308 brass - I think it is once fired as the loaded ammo it came from was fired by myself and it certainly looked like their new brass loading
IIRC the HPS loaded in new brass can be identified by the presence of the 'J' pressed into the primers.

Thanks for the heads up - just googled that and cannot confirm ( also nothing on HPS website ) either way.

But for what its worth - just checked a sample of the 165 and cannot see any "J" on the primers.......

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
breacher

#4 Post by breacher »

The 200 x GGG now sold.

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
zanes

#5 Post by zanes »

rox wrote:

I think you're wrong- I had some of their multiple-fired ammunition a couple of months ago that definitely had the "J" indentation.
Firearms related legal question? Look here before posting about it.
rox

#6 Post by rox »

zanes wrote:
rox wrote:

I think you're wrong- I had some of their multiple-fired ammunition a couple of months ago that definitely had the "J" indentation.
Maybe you're right, but it seems very odd indeed - I recall many times the primers being inspected on returning numerous crates of new brass after firing for the deposit - if the 'J' wasn't present anyone could have loaded it any number of times. Logically the J would have to be used only for the first loading, and I'm nearly certain that used to be the case. But I don't have any in the cabinet any more so I won't say I'm completely certain. And perhaps the new owners don't bother any more or have changed their methods.

zanes

#7 Post by zanes »

rox wrote:
zanes wrote:
rox wrote: IIRC the HPS loaded in new brass can be identified by the presence of the 'J' pressed into the primers.

Maybe you're right, but it seems very odd indeed - I recall many times the primers being inspected on returning numerous crates of new brass after firing for the deposit - if the 'J' wasn't present anyone could have loaded it any number of times. Logically the J would have to be used only for the first loading, and I'm nearly certain that used to be the case. But I don't have any in the cabinet any more so I won't say I'm completely certain. And perhaps the new owners don't bother any more or have changed their methods.

Huh, odd indeed and what you say does make sense. Perhaps mine is only one fired brass now I've fired it fingerscrossed
Firearms related legal question? Look here before posting about it.
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#8 Post by 20series »

Breacher

I'll take the 308 hps brass,

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
breacher

#9 Post by breacher »

Hps brass sold to Alan.

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
breacher

#10 Post by breacher »