Just testing the water.

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

Re: Just testing the water.

#11 Post by TattooedGun »

For those after photos (although I see the carrot is no longer on the end of the stick...)

Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#12 Post by Maggot »

Nope, the nuts still on the end of the butt though.

Shame on you Ovenglove.....you never ring, you never write, but you take the p*** :D I suppose that bag of ammo is still sitting festering in mik maks workshop which kind of says to me you would not in anyway be interested in an offering in 20mm (when I can work out how to pull the bloody thing...got to get hold of it yet).

I was having a brain fart, I hardly ever shoot this rifle and I was trying to justify it....I cant....I dont even know what the come ups are now I have dropped the charges, but the wife didnt half give me a quizzical look when I said I was trying to sell it so the wife and Matt cant be wrong.

That picure really needs a strip of gaffer tape accross the ugly bit though, I dont know what the NRA snaps was thinking :o
Maggot

#13 Post by Maggot »

meles meles wrote:He's busy sharpening his crayons...
Not cleared on crayons, just surface to air green55
Matt
Home club or Range: Bisley

#14 Post by Matt »

TattooedGun wrote:For those after photos (although I see the carrot is no longer on the end of the stick...)

Oh my god, I'd nearly forgotten how hideous that is...... The guns still great though :p
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#15 Post by snayperskaya »

Can we have some bigger pics please? :p
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#16 Post by Alpha1 »

Any chance of a close up of the scope mount and how it attaches at the rear.
Maggot

#17 Post by Maggot »

Alpha1 wrote:Any chance of a close up of the scope mount and how it attaches at the rear.
Bungees.... :D

Drop me an email and I will take one. It is basically screwed flat to the original PH Sight block which is flat. The PH sight is easy enough to replace with 2 screws.

You might have got away with just sliding the sight out of the vernier but the vernier block just fouls on the eye bell of the scope and in all fairness the sense of just getting the PH sight crudded up was lost on me so I put it safely away in an oiled rag.
Maggot

#18 Post by Maggot »

Matt wrote:
TattooedGun wrote:For those after photos (although I see the carrot is no longer on the end of the stick...)

Oh my god, I'd nearly forgotten how hideous that is...... The guns still great though :p
It is in fact a hideous rifle Gerald....but you have to take the rough with the smooth signfunnypost

DFS ;)

(I still crack up when I think about that lol )
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#19 Post by Ovenpaa »

Maggot wrote:Nope, the nuts still on the end of the butt though.

Shame on you Ovenglove.....you never ring, you never write, but you take the p*** :D I suppose that bag of ammo is still sitting festering in mik maks workshop which kind of says to me you would not in anyway be interested in an offering in 20mm (when I can work out how to pull the bloody thing...got to get hold of it yet).
Ah but that is sorted with Mik now, he is going to come over and collect something and say hello and will drop them off at the same time. 20mm eh? It would need to be inert as I can only hold 19,1mm on my collectors, after that it would need to be on my RFD. I 'avoided' an opportunity of some even larger live stuff last year because I had no idea how to pull it and that was with all the stuff I have here!

Keep the Kongsburg or if you are bored with it/need the space send it here and I will stick it in a cabinet until you miss it and need it returning. I have a couple like that here from other people, all we do is periodically take them out, check them and put them back to bed in their centrally heated, dehumidified concrete bunker.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal