Very Rare Marlin 1894 Cowboy

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Very Rare Marlin 1894 Cowboy

#1 Post by Sim G »

Putting this one up hurts more than the .357 just sold....

This is a very rare 2005 manufactured, Marlin 1894 Cowboy. It has a 20" Octagonal barrel that points and stays on target, like nothing else. And I can honestly say, if I do my bit, this is without reservation, the most accurate Marlin I've ever owned. And as you can see, I've had a few through my hands in my time.

But what makes this so rare? It's caliber. There were only 600 of these produced and best guess is, less that half a dozen were ever imported into the UK. Some in the collectors association believe that this model was aimed at the youth/female market of Cowboy Action Shooting, even though this is a full size rifle, so it could be teamed up with the Ruger Single Six. It failed to catch on. It was dropped from the catalog.

This is the .32 H&R Magnum, 1894.

The .32 H&R Magnum is essentially an elongated .32 S&W Long, operating at a much higher pressure. .32 Mag in the US has been touted as a defensive round which has seen it chambered in small framed, short barreled revolvers. Full house .32 Mag loads equate .38 special with less recoil and more accuracy. And here's the beauty for those of us that punch paper, one of the most accurate pistol rounds ever, the .32 S&W Long, goes through this and shoots like nothing else.

A little nose heavy, steady as a rock, nigh on zero recoil with cheap, easily available factory ammo or reloads, whats not to love!

Really, really nice condition. No marks or dings to write home about, except a rub on the top strap from the cabinet. I have seen Marlin Cowboy models sell for upwards of 1200 pounds, which is crazy. Even though this is a very rare and desirable model, I believe my asking price is very fair. It is one that I really don't want to see go....

£875.

In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
SevenSixTwo

Re: Very Rare Marlin 1894 Cowboy

#2 Post by SevenSixTwo »

That's a beaut. Wish I had a spare slot.
"It's ok, it's just a train. On you get".
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#3 Post by saddler »

[quoe="Sim G"]Putting this one up hurts more than the .357 just sold....[/quote]
...is that coz it's got a longer barrel?
Cowboy gun, cowboy antics....

You 2 should get a room (tent? )

Pity ya not got any nice lever actions (Winchester 92)

Wonder if this flies out as quickly as the 357 did.
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#4 Post by HALODIN »

lol lol lol
saddler wrote:...is that coz it's got a longer barrel?
Sim G
Past Supporter

#5 Post by Sim G »

HALODIN wrote:lol lol lol
saddler wrote:...is that coz it's got a longer barrel?

Don't encourage him. He doesn't get much company because of the Community Protection Order..

Anyhow, did have a Winchester 92, got rid of it as it was an over complicated, clunky, ugly thing.... Not unlike you, saddler....

Here it is with its once far superior stable mate.

Last edited by Sim G on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#6 Post by saddler »

Not sure why you're letting this one go...with the caliber/model rarity & it being the only one that you can shoot straight ?
Sim G
Past Supporter

#7 Post by Sim G »

Not decisions I've taken lightly. But, the fact is, my collecting went a little all over the place. What I want to do is focus the collection as much pre WW1 as I can, but preferably 1880 to 1899. The values of Marlins have risen to far beyond what I can reasonably afford to collect as and when I come across one. By letting go of the "modern" models, except for two, then hopefully, some nice old ones will join those left...

If not, I'll have some egg on my face, that's for sure!

Sim G
Past Supporter

#8 Post by Sim G »

Sold, pending the usual.