Lee Enfield No.4 with scope rail and cheek piece.

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
ptheta
Home club or Range: TFSA

Lee Enfield No.4 with scope rail and cheek piece.

#1 Post by ptheta »

I'm putting my Lee Enfield up for sale as now that we have been blessed with a child I don't have time to do the reloading for it any more.

There is currently a single fairly poor photo here but enough to give you the general idea: https://plus.google.com/photos/11000922 ... 7rmuO-wrgE

I will add more when I get chance. Let me know if you want a close up of any bit in particular.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SCOPE IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE SALE. The scope rail is included. It's pretty solidly attached and not some cheap screw on affair (I'll add a couple of close shots of this later).

This gun has obviously seen a number of modifications over the years. It's currently decked up to look a little like a No4T complete with cheek piece but with a rather unusual moderator adapter (with thread protector on the end). It appears that it was probably set up as a more conventional target rifle at some stage as it has the little sight holder thing on the under side of the fore end too. The stock is varnished.

This rifle is a really good shooter and even I can get two inch groups on short Siberia with my home loads which I haven't made any significant effort to tune for precision. With all the bits on it this is heavy for a Lee Enfield and is a great rifle for bench or prone shooting. It would not make a good CSR gun. :-)

I have been the custodian of this rifle since 2010 and have put 648 rounds through it.

I'm looking for £450 and will throw in a set of Lee loading dies for that. I also have brass, suitable powder and bullets available if the buyer is interested. Alternatively they'll be listed/available once the rifle is sold.

I'm based in Basingstoke and would much prefer a local sale. I'm at Bisley on the 7th of December in the afternoon, if anyone wants to meet up then assuming it's still available. It's listed in a couple of places but I will update this thread if it is sold elsewhere.

Thanks for looking and please let me know if you have any questions.
ptheta

Re: Lee Enfield No.4 with scope rail and cheek piece.

#2 Post by ptheta »

I've now added a load more pictures to the album in my original post.
ptheta

#3 Post by ptheta »

I also have between two and three hundred two and three times fired PPU brass, quite a lot of bullets (around 100 I think) and a tub of Accurate 4064 (possibly under its new Lovex branding). If this sells at the asking price I'll include of them for no extra.
ptheta

#4 Post by ptheta »

I will sell the rifle without all the reloading extras or die set for £375 if that's of interest to anyone.
ptheta

#5 Post by ptheta »

Still available. One last bump before I look at trading it in for ammo/accessories.
nearly there
Home club or Range: nomad

#6 Post by nearly there »

Hi anymore pics as i only see one
ptheta

#7 Post by ptheta »

Hi, I'm not sure what the problem is. I just checked from my other half's iPad and she can see all 12 pictures. If you want to PM me your email address I can email them to you.
ptheta

#8 Post by ptheta »

Still available. I wonder if anyone can suggest dealers in the Hants/Surrey area who might take it in exchange for a nice pile of 7.5x55 and 22lr?
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#9 Post by Dellboy »

what are the dies ?
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#10 Post by safetyfirst »

Can't even see one picture now! 403 error :(