DOLPHIN FTR RIG

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Maggot

DOLPHIN FTR RIG

#1 Post by Maggot »

For Sale

.308 Dolphin Modular FTR Rifle in good order

Just over 2 years old, purchased as new from Mik at Dolphin.

30” Lilja 3 groove barrel, Barnard SM action. Anodised Green finish.

The butt area has been re built by Dave Bonwick of the Shooting Shed to address some tracking/rigidity issues. It is alleged to be capable of clubbing baby seals but I would not recommend this as a test. Seals not supplied

Rifle shoots sub .5moa with either Sierra 2156 or Optimus HBC bullets.

It has approximately 3500 rounds through it but has never been shot with double base powder. The 3 groove barrels are fast and supposed to be better for wear.

Sold with

Edgewood arsenal rear bag (chromite filled) nearly new

Sightron 8-32x56 LRTD Scope (with box etc)

Third eye scope rings

Both Dolphin tracker bipod (Modified by the shooting shed) and Stotteben FTR bipod (Shooting shed and possibly one of the best wide footprint bipods available).

60” Aim Drag bag

Several hundred Lapua Palma SR Primer .308 cases in various states of use.

All documentation, shooting log, load data, dummy COL datum rounds etc.

5 round AI magazine and single shot adaptor/mag platform.

I am packing in F Class for various reasons so rather than chop the barrel down etc it makes more sense to sell this to someone getting into FTR.

£2000 Will not split.
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

Re: DOLPHIN FTR RIG

#2 Post by HALODIN »

I'm not in the market for another .308, but I'd love to see a picture if you have one. It will no doubt help with the sale as well.
Maggot

#3 Post by Maggot »

Hope this helps. Its an old image I am afraid, old bag etc.
Attachments
Dol.jpg
Dol.jpg
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#4 Post by HALODIN »

Looks the business! :good:
Dannywayoflife

#5 Post by Dannywayoflife »

This bang stick shoots!! ;)
techguy

#6 Post by techguy »

Buying an AR instead by any chance?! ;)
Maggot

#7 Post by Maggot »

techguy wrote:Buying an AR instead by any chance?! ;)
I might be ;) ....actually Danny is lucky I did not club him with his desert tactical and run off with his AR.

Actually that is the plan regardless of whether this sells or not (Getting an AR not clubbing Danny). It has fired its last round with me behind it, sad, but I never signed up for F class, it just happened and its time to do what I should have done, whether I am any good at it or not.

Its a bargain, as long as you need an FTR rig.

If it dont go it gets the chop, gets painted green and may well get used for something different, but that would be a waste of a decent rifle.
Dannywayoflife

#8 Post by Dannywayoflife »

Lol the new ar is stunning isn't it! ;) as I say mucker your welcome to use her whenever you like matey! I've got to say it may just be because it's new to me but I'm currently loving the ar more than the dta!!!
Maggot

#9 Post by Maggot »

Dannywayoflife wrote:Lol the new ar is stunning isn't it! ;) as I say mucker your welcome to use her whenever you like matey! I've got to say it may just be because it's new to me but I'm currently loving the ar more than the dta!!!
It does exactly what I would want of one Dan, typical Bradders production by all accounts. I would not even bother with the irons but thats me. Its my spec as it is. The brakes make me laugh, I keep getting brass dumped on my back or whats left of my barnet parted!!

Ticks all the boxes except for the need (in my opinion) a slight palm swell, but thats cos my wrist is bust and a bit cack handed. It may be better as is in being un cluttered allowing the important bits to find their place faster.

Its much easier shooting than the No4, but then it should be. I am having a ball with that one at the moment. I think what I really miss is the multi positional and proper contact with the rifle.....as for being shagged out when I hit the firing point....well I can work on that sign85
Maggot

#10 Post by Maggot »

Maggot wrote:For Sale

.308 Dolphin Modular FTR Rifle in good order

Just over 2 years old, purchased as new from Mik at Dolphin.

30” Lilja 3 groove barrel, Barnard SM action. Anodised Green finish.

The butt area has been re built by Dave Bonwick of the Shooting Shed to address some tracking/rigidity issues. It is alleged to be capable of clubbing baby seals but I would not recommend this as a test. Seals not supplied

Rifle shoots sub .5moa with either Sierra 2156 or Optimus HBC bullets.

It has approximately 3500 rounds through it but has never been shot with double base powder. The 3 groove barrels are fast and supposed to be better for wear.

Sold with

Edgewood arsenal rear bag (chromite filled) nearly new

Sightron 8-32x56 LRTD Scope (with box etc)

Third eye scope rings

Both Dolphin tracker bipod (Modified by the shooting shed) and Stotteben FTR bipod (Shooting shed and possibly one of the best wide footprint bipods available).

60” Aim Drag bag

Several hundred Lapua Palma SR Primer .308 cases in various states of use.

All documentation, shooting log, load data, dummy COL datum rounds etc.

5 round AI magazine and single shot adaptor/mag platform.

I am packing in F Class for various reasons so rather than chop the barrel down etc it makes more sense to sell this to someone getting into FTR.

£2000 Will not split.
Sold pending the usual