Henry Big Boy in .357/.38

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Swifty Boy

Henry Big Boy in .357/.38

#1 Post by Swifty Boy »

Henry Big Boy in .357 magnum / .38 special for sale. It holds ten .357 rounds or eleven .38 rounds. It comes with a cantilever scope rail which can be substituted for the rear sight and this allows you to mount a telescopic sight or red dot over the receiver. It also comes with some spare parts, a replacement lever and a few other bits. I haven't really used this very much as my club tends to shoot more .22 rifle and LBP.

The rifle is generally in good condition, it has a clean bore and operates flawlessly. The gun has not been a safe queen - it has been used and therefore does have the odd mark on it. There are a few safe handling dings on the stock, the blue is a little worn around the muzzle and the butt plate has some scratches on it. I can provide pictures of these if necessary. However the rest of the brasswork is lovely and shiny with no scratches and the gun on the whole looks the business.

I'd like to be realistic about the price. These guns retail new for £1,000 (which I think is a bit ridiculous) but I'd like £550 for this, which is coincidentally the price of another rifle I am looking at. RFD transfer would be extra but I am happy to do this. Collection is also fine from Oxfordshire.

meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

Re: Henry Big Boy in .357/.38

#2 Post by meles meles »

Awesome bangstick, ooman ! If we had a free slot we'd be mightily interested... Hopefully you'll get a quick sale...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Swifty Boy

#3 Post by Swifty Boy »

Thanks, it's lovely rifle with a very smooth action and cheap to shoot if you reload. I just don't get to use it enough. And I've seen a .223 AK I fancy :-)
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#4 Post by phaedra1106 »

If I didn't have a nice new one in 44mag I'd have it, I've got a complete set of spare woodwork and brass fittings for one as well!.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
raybrown53
Home club or Range: Corinium Rifle Range / WNSC

#5 Post by raybrown53 »

I would be all over this as have been after a Henry for a while. But I have just been put at risk of redundancy grrr. Am sure it will make a great rifle for someone. I will have a Henry someday.
When in doubt C4
Swifty Boy

#6 Post by Swifty Boy »

Thanks for the comments. Now reduced to £500 as I'm after a quick sale.
Swifty Boy

#7 Post by Swifty Boy »

Now sold, thank you for the interest.