.22rf MUZZLE BRAKE - New design available - £25 posted

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

.22rf MUZZLE BRAKE - New design available - £25 posted

#1 Post by saddler »

Seems to have been zero uptake on my own section of the forum, so adverts from there have been modified, edited & posted below instead

PICS BELOW show a couple of prototype muzzle brakes, "in the white".
They can come in this finish (anodised) or black dyed anodised (see the rest of the images for more information)

The standard sizes available are 21mm od & 19mm od.
1/2"UNF is the standard thread offered.

Ports can be in any arrangement of your choice, but to start off, the ones below are the first batch made up & ready to mail out.
These have a large dia port at 90-deg to bore, with a couple of smaller ports on the top...hopefully the pics will show the ports ok.
Depending on your thread you may have to add shims to get the brake to index, or possibly skim the rear face of the brake; extra material is added to the rear to allow for skimming off.

Let me know if you are interested (post your name below, with qty req'd) & I'll then make up a list of buyers and pass his details to you for bank transfer, etc.

MAKE YOUR CHOICES FROM THE FOLLOWING TYPES - ALL READY TO MAIL OUT

Main options are as follows:

A.
The original design with the large horizontal vent hole & the two upper vent holes (as per the "in the white" photos above)
Have about a dozen of these now ready to mail out. Available in 19mm OR 21mm, in a black anodised finish.
These may need indexing by adding shims/washers, or skimming the rear face, etc.
To fit 1/2"UNF (1/2"x20) thread - normal UK spec./same as P~H moderators - for £25 delivered.
NOTE: The 3 brakes to the left looked too light, so within an hour of the photo they'd been refinished & now resemble the four centre brakes.
The two extreme right brakes in the photo are typical one-off designs. If you want these - number them #1 or #2 (from the left)

B.
Plain aluminium muzzle brake. Made in 21mm (will double check this).
These are not as critical for indexing, as can be seen in the photo below. These have a stainless steel bushing, so they are "in the white" finish wise & cannot be anodised.
To fit 1/2"UNF (1/2"x20) thread - for £25 delivered
TO SELECT ONE - STUDY THE PHOTOS & PICK THE ONE YOU LIKE BY NUMBER - the brake on the left being #1, the last on the right being #7 - I've rotated them a little but kept their place order in each photo.

C.
As per A or B above, but you require a different colour finish, or a different thread pitch (1/2"UNEF, i.e. 1/2"x28 - or M15x1 - or M12 - etc.), or a different diameter to 19mm/21mm.
£30, delivered

ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST
Name, Qty, Dia, Finish
Demonic69, 1, (A) 21mm
Sim G, 1, (A) 19mm
e.g.
USER1, 1, (A) 21mm
USER2, 1, (B) #3 & (B) #7
USER3, 1, (C) 21mm - M15 - black
...make sense??

NOTE ".22 MUZZLE BRAKE" - means .22 RIMFIRE
IF you want a .22 c/f brake then you'll have to choose an Option C brake, and order a mild steel version

...if you have questions PM me please.
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

Re: .22rf MUZZLE BRAKE - New design available - £25 posted

#2 Post by Demonic69 »

I'm still making up my mind mate, contemplating b3 I think, or b7 without the knurling.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#3 Post by saddler »

Demonic69 wrote:I'm still making up my mind mate, contemplating b3 I think, or b7 without the knurling.
Not a problem....though I had you down for one of the original versions a la "in the white"/Option A, in a black finish & 21mm o.d. ?

He can run B7 back in the lathe to fettle it if you go with that one...
Demonic69

#4 Post by Demonic69 »

That could be perfect, I'll double check my rifle and get back to you mate
saddler

#5 Post by saddler »

bumpsign
saddler

#6 Post by saddler »

A few of the above are now wrapped up & waiting uplift by the courier:

2 std. "A" type
&
a modified "A" type with a .30 hole x 1/2"UNF
&
the 2 non-standard black-anodised brakes (to the top right of the first "A" photo)
&
B1 & B5
&
a prototype high-tensile steel version of "A" (1/2"UNF - oil blackened)

Not much take up via the forum...yet.

Type "C" custom designs are coming along well & the 1/2"UNEF (1/2" x 28) thread tap is due for delivery
Demonic69

#7 Post by Demonic69 »

I'll take a b7 without the knurling please :-) as smooth as he can make it at 21mm.
saddler

#8 Post by saddler »

Demonic69 wrote:I'll take a b7 without the knurling please :-) as smooth as he can make it at 21mm.
PM sent earlier

Brake collected yesterday, same as B7 - but smooth body - in 21mm.

PM me your shipping address...it's wrapped up ready to mail out to you
saddler

#9 Post by saddler »

B7 posted Friday, should be there today/Monday

The bulk order above is now "safe" in Kent with SimG - 9 brakes in total
Demonic69

#10 Post by Demonic69 »

Got the brake and it looks and fits great. Currently it's Au Naturel but I'll either be painting or hydro dipping in the future.