More dangerous firearms training

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
Chuck

More dangerous firearms training

#1 Post by Chuck »

Accidents waiting to happen - or are they just a Darwinism waiting their moment??

Mall Team 6 in action.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015 ... Newsletter

Definitely NOT to be tried at home, or anywhere else.

This sums it up:

https://www.google.com.tr/?gfe_rd=cr&ei ... le+episode
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: More dangerous firearms training

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

Given the amount of spall off the popper i'd say it was one of those bullets that turns to powder on impact that can be used point blank. Still not sure why any kind of live round needed to be used of course. The 'drill' could've as easily been carried out with a blank firer/airsoft pistol.

When i did some martial arts training a LONG time ago one of the sub-instructors was obsessed with drills against someone with a pistol, with his favourite technique being jamming a finger in the hammer to stop it firing. He wasn't impressed the day i brought a Glock 17 blank firer in and it going click while pointed at his head in front of the class :D
DVC
Chuck

#3 Post by Chuck »

lol lol All those folks forget that pistols will fire - grabbing the slide is not going to stop the first shot -and may not even stop the slide. And yes, Glocks etc present a whole new problem ;)

Agreed may have been using frangibles but every safety rule has just been broken! These "drills always assume the assailant hasn't a clue and stands too close to his victim.

These things may be OK for party tricks and really Elite forces who get paid to take risks but for Joe Public?????
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#4 Post by TattooedGun »

more to the point, who draws and pulls a gun on someone without a round in the chamber like this...?
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#5 Post by froggy »

All those folks forget that pistols will fire - grabbing the slide is not going to stop the first shot -and may not even stop the slide. And yes, Glocks etc present a whole new problem ;)
Grabbing the slide does not prevent the shot being fired but does prevent the pistol to cycle, thus preventing a second shot, glock included.
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
TattooedGun
Past Supporter

#6 Post by TattooedGun »

froggy wrote: All those folks forget that pistols will fire - grabbing the slide is not going to stop the first shot -and may not even stop the slide. And yes, Glocks etc present a whole new problem ;)
Grabbing the slide does not prevent the shot being fired but does prevent the pistol to cycle, thus preventing a second shot, glock included.
I still wanna try it...
kukkuk

Clarification: Not whilst standing in front of it...!!
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#7 Post by froggy »

You do it from the side & never of course face the barrel. All the 4 safety rules are scrupulously respected & enforced. You then practice with airsoft & protection .
I think the next "Shooting & Krav Maga" class is planned early autumn if you are tempted ;)
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
TattooedGun
Past Supporter

#8 Post by TattooedGun »

froggy wrote:You do it from the side & never of course face the barrel. All the 4 safety rules are scrupulously respected & enforced. You then practice with airsoft & protection .
I think the next "Shooting & Krav Maga" class is planned early autumn if you are tempted ;)
I am, however I have no money (too many holidays) or time free from work :(