Faith No More / Ozzy / Hetfield

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

Re: Faith No More / Ozzy / Hetfield

#11 Post by Les »

There are only a few bands which made such an impact with their first album, but when Black Sabbath [the 1st album] was released, it took the world by storm.

I can still remember putting it on the record player for the first time as a spotty yoof. Jeez, talk about being blown away! The first couple of bars of the opening track set the tone for everything that followed. Totally superb. :good:
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#12 Post by HALODIN »

Do you mean Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath? They released 2 albums in 1970 (Black Sabbath + Paranoid) just curious which song you mean. I had a moment of clarity the other day and realised there's still some heavy hitting bands I haven't introduced my son to, people like Jimmy Hendrix, Led Zep, Black Sabbath, I'm clearly failing him as a father! :grin:
Christel
Site Admin

#13 Post by Christel »

Halodin,

The list is long, you better get started.

Metallica.

Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder, two amazing voices.

Led Zep, early days when Robert Plant's voice was excellent.

Some of the Beastie Boys stuff...

Loads, who needs the x factor sign01
HALODIN

#14 Post by HALODIN »

Yeh I know... He knows the Beasties and Rage against the Machine, "Know your Enemy" is his favourite, not bad for a 9 year old! :grin:

I've just realised he doesn't know The Pixies or the Dead Kennedys either... What a bad dad I am. troutslapping
Doz
Past Supporter

#15 Post by Doz »

HALODIN wrote:Do you mean Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath? They released 2 albums in 1970 (Black Sabbath + Paranoid) just curious which song you mean. I had a moment of clarity the other day and realised there's still some heavy hitting bands I haven't introduced my son to, people like Jimmy Hendrix, Led Zep, Black Sabbath, I'm clearly failing him as a father! :grin:
"Black Sabbath" was their first album by something like six months, I imagine the track Black Sabbath, on the album Black Sabbath, by Black Sabbath is the track in question ;)
Les wrote:I can still remember putting it on the record player for the first time as a spotty yoof. Jeez, talk about being blown away! The first couple of bars of the opening track set the tone for everything that followed. Totally superb. :good:
Yes, me too Les. Had never heard anything like it then, and it still gives me goosebumps now!
Brian838
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Offa's Dyke.

#16 Post by Brian838 »

...Another useless Sabbath fact -
The track 'NIB' from the first album, is often incorrectly translated as 'Nativity In Black'. The name NIB simply refers to drummer Bill Ward's beard that used to resemble a pen nib tongueout
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#17 Post by Les »

HALODIN wrote:Do you mean Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath? They released 2 albums in 1970 (Black Sabbath + Paranoid) just curious which song you mean. I had a moment of clarity the other day and realised there's still some heavy hitting bands I haven't introduced my son to, people like Jimmy Hendrix, Led Zep, Black Sabbath, I'm clearly failing him as a father! :grin:
The first album - Black Sabbath - and the first track - Black Sabbath!! Absolutely superb, and the beginning of heavy metal. :good:
Christel
Site Admin

#18 Post by Christel »

Useless facts, excellent razz
dave_303

#19 Post by dave_303 »

Les wrote:
The first album - Black Sabbath - and the first track - Black Sabbath!! Absolutely superb, and the beginning of heavy metal. :good:

:good: yes it was (ok I wasn't there), that album was a defining moment in Heavy Metal history as it damn well started it, regardless of what Alice Cooper claims.

There wouldn't be an album that would cause a paradigm shift in the genre like Sabbath did until Linkin Park released their début album Hybrid Theory.
HALODIN

#20 Post by HALODIN »

That depends how you define genre and I suspect however you define it, I won't agree with you. There have been some monumental bands out there and I wouldn't personally put Linkin Park anywhere near any of them!

[inbound!]