RCBS Chargemaster 1500 (speed up tip)

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
nicklm

RCBS Chargemaster 1500 (speed up tip)

#1 Post by nicklm »

factory supplied information to speed up throw times of your 1500

Chargemaster 1500 Speed Adjustment

1. Turn the unit on.
2. When 0.0gn is on the display, press BOTH the ENTER and the EDIT MEM keys on the dispenser at the same time. Hold for a second and then release. If done properly ADJUST PARAMETER should scroll across the display followed by HSP 00015.68 (This number represents the number of grains away from your entered charge when the tube will shift from fast speed to medium speed. That is at 15.68 gn from your target charge the dispenser will shift from fast to medium speed.) To speed up the unit, this number needs to be decreased and to slow down the unit, this number needs to be increased. (On a slow unit, I would change this number to11.00 gn this is done by pressing the following keys: 1 1 0 0 ENTER (pressing the enter key sets that value and moves to next setting in program in this case, to medium speed to slow speed setting)
3. HSP 00003.42 should scroll across the display now. This number represents where the unit will shift from medium to slow speed. Using the same process as before in # 2. For a slow unit I would change this number to 2.50 gn this is done by pressing the following keys: 2 5 0 ENTER (pressing the enter key sets that value and moves to next setting in program in this case, to slow speed to trickle speed setting)
4. HSP 00001.08 should now scroll across the screen. This number represents where the unit will shift from slow speed to trickle. Using the same process as before in # 2. For a slow unit I would change this number to .90 gn this is done by pressing the following keys: 9 0 ENTER
5. This is all the adjustment that needs to be done to the unit. You need to press the ENTER key to cycle through the rest of the program. (approx. 22 times) The unit will start its normal initial countdown process when this is done. You need to test out the dispenser now. Enter your target charge and dispense. I usually disregard the first charge. Throw a few charges at these settings to see if they will work for you. If they don’t, return to step # 2 and repeat the process. NOTE due to powder variations you may have to adjust the unit for each powder. If you have any questions about this matter please call our customer service line 800-533-5000 my name is Don Legg and I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

I haven't tried this on mine but looks like good reports on another web site.

best regards
nick
rox

Re: RCBS Chargemaster 1500 (speed up tip)

#2 Post by rox »

nicklm wrote:I haven't tried this on mine but looks like good reports on another web site.
I've tried tweaking these times and shaved a couple of seconds off a 45 grain dispense. If you really want to speed things up you can throw a charge circa 1 grain under and just let the CM do the final trickle.

Sim G
Past Supporter

#3 Post by Sim G »

I have read that speeding up foes cause accuracy problems with the CM. I've left mine as is as I usually prepare the case as it's being dispensed. I've never beaten it yet!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

If you speed it up it is worth adding a smooth extension tube, a piece of aluminium turned to size works well and seems to stop that occasional 2/3 kernel dump at the end.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Blu

#5 Post by Blu »

I gave this a try and it works brilliantly. I knocked the numbers down a little more than it said on the instructions and it is now completing the load before I can get the bullet seated on the previous case. Very easy to do and it does speed up the powder drop process. Give it a try guys you'll be amazed at how much faster it is.

Blu :twisted: