Reloader Case Annealer

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

Reloader Case Annealer

#1 Post by phaedra1106 »

Arrived yesterday (delivered to the wrong house so thanks DPD!!)

Set it up last night with a couple of minor problems, the disks wouldn't index at the correct position above the case rotation point. Simple enough to sort, removed the disks (and cut my finger on a sharp edge) and loosened off the collar it sits on, moved it a bit further around the motor shaft and all sorted.

Also had a problem with 308 and 260 cases, the odd few ending up inside the unit instead of dropping straight through to the tray placed underneath. 6.5Creeedmoor worked flawlessly, I spoke to Lubo who uses his for 308 without a problem, I may have to open up the hole in the lower section a bit to improve it.

As I said, minor points and given the whole thing is only £170 including shipping from Bulgaria it's excellent value :)

Onto the good bit :D

To be honest there's nothing to report!! it does exactly what it's supposed to do, set the time to 8 seconds (after using Tempilaq to test) and away we went. 300 cases later job done perfectly :good: :good:

I've uploaded a small video here, https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103 ... %20Res.mp4

I'll also upload some decent photos later tonight after I've recovered from yesterdays trip to Otterburn :)
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Reloader Case Annealer

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

Phwoarr! Look at that red hot case softening action! goodjob
DVC
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#3 Post by dromia »

Can it do interesting calibres such as 218 Bee, 577 Snider, 303 British, 30 40 Krag, 22 Hornet and the like?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

Exactly what I was thinking can it do rimmed cases like .303. 7.62x54. etc.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#5 Post by phaedra1106 »

It's basically a couple of disks with holes in to suit the case diameter so yes any case should be possible. Lubo does various size disks and they are only held by two screws so changing over is easy enough.

The gas torch bracket is height adjustable, again with two wing nut screws to lock it in place. You could remove one of the screws and then be able to angle the bracket giving a larger range of heights.

I'll be adding a better torch (Clarke PC109) later when I've gone through my current stock of gas canisters.

So far I've ran 520 cases through it, mainly 260, 308, 6.5Creedmoor and some 300aac which need a better torch with a thinner pencil flame due to their lower height.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
The Gun Pimp

#6 Post by The Gun Pimp »

I've always believed that annealing has got to be a good thing but I'm now less than convinced by the blow-torch/stop-watch/paint approach.

Since I've had a chance to play with the AMP induction annealer I've come to realise that there is a bit more to it than I first thought.

AMP offer - for example - 15 different programmes just for the 308 case - depending on make. If you neck turn, this will further affect the process and, taking say an extra thou. off the neck will affect the programme.

It's not as simple as it looks and I would urge anyone thinking of buying an annealer to have a look at their website www.ampannealing.com

The downside is the price but three of us are sharing a machine. After all it's not something you are using 24-7.
ukrifleman
Past Supporter

#7 Post by ukrifleman »

phaedra1106 wrote:Arrived yesterday (delivered to the wrong house so thanks DPD!!)

Set it up last night with a couple of minor problems, the disks wouldn't index at the correct position above the case rotation point. Simple enough to sort, removed the disks (and cut my finger on a sharp edge) and loosened off the collar it sits on, moved it a bit further around the motor shaft and all sorted.

Also had a problem with 308 and 260 cases, the odd few ending up inside the unit instead of dropping straight through to the tray placed underneath. 6.5Creeedmoor worked flawlessly, I spoke to Lubo who uses his for 308 without a problem, I may have to open up the hole in the lower section a bit to improve it.

As I said, minor points and given the whole thing is only £170 including shipping from Bulgaria it's excellent value :)

Onto the good bit :D

To be honest there's nothing to report!! it does exactly what it's supposed to do, set the time to 8 seconds (after using Tempilaq to test) and away we went. 300 cases later job done perfectly :good: :good:

I've uploaded a small video here, https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103 ... %20Res.mp4

I'll also upload some decent photos later tonight after I've recovered from yesterdays trip to Otterburn :)

Me likee muchee!

Contact details of the company that markets them would be good.

ukrifleman
Cj10

#8 Post by Cj10 »

The Gun Pimp wrote:I've always believed that annealing has got to be a good thing but I'm now less than convinced by the blow-torch/stop-watch/paint approach.

Since I've had a chance to play with the AMP induction annealer I've come to realise that there is a bit more to it than I first thought.

AMP offer - for example - 15 different programmes just for the 308 case - depending on make. If you neck turn, this will further affect the process and, taking say an extra thou. off the neck will affect the programme.

It's not as simple as it looks and I would urge anyone thinking of buying an annealer to have a look at their website http://www.ampannealing.com

The downside is the price but three of us are sharing a machine. After all it's not something you are using 24-7.
Loving my amp. So so easy to use .

Ceri
raptorcalls

#9 Post by raptorcalls »

dromia wrote:Can it do interesting calibres such as 218 Bee, 577 Snider, 303 British, 30 40 Krag, 22 Hornet and the like?
You would be able to anneal any of these calibers. The discs are interchangeable, so no problem!

Please, PM me if you have further questions.

Regards,

Lubo
raptorcalls

#10 Post by raptorcalls »

AMP really is a good machine, but all these programs are a bit of a marketing trick.

See, they have different programs for different makes, but even the same companies make cases with brass of different proportions of zinc and copper. They also vary in neck thickness.

The AMP relies on these proportions and neck thickness standards to calculate the exact time, but as I mentioned the variables are to many from batch to batch and that is why these programs are just useless!

Regards,

Lubo