anyone reloading 9mm?

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
EagerNoSkill

Re: anyone reloading 9mm?

#11 Post by EagerNoSkill »

http://smith-wessonforum.com/ammo/11864 ... 47-gr.html

I used to shoot a lead 146 gn in my IPSC days :good: :good:
Only did about 300,000 rounds with this bullets so I may not know what I am talking about! :55:

Here is a LYMAN mould to cast these similar bullets
http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/bull ... ?entryID=6
Bullet # : 356637
Grain: 147gr
Top Punch : 637
Double Cavity # : 2660637
Requires Double Cavity Handles
Four Cavity # 2670637
Requires Four Cavity Handles
Sizing Die: .354, .355, .356
Designed for IPSC shooting, this is a tapered heavy weight 9mm. Excellent accuracy reported.

I concur - very accurate
European 2012 FTR Champion (November 2012 I had +- 112 very lucky shots in a row)
“F-Open shooters are compensating for something”
I make an awesome friend and even worse enemy.
webb22

#12 Post by webb22 »

thank you sir - looks good, but not sure if i really have the space to cast my own bullets at the moment...is there a similar commercial bullet available in the uk - or is casting the way forward?

many thanks

Jon
'Windage & Elevation Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'
webb22

#13 Post by webb22 »

saddler wrote:
webb22 wrote:thanks you sir... i also reload 357, so was thinking about using 158gr...the only problem I'm concerned about is the bullet ('head') swagging down and causing a lot of fowling in the barrel.

Aye - them feathers in the rifling are a bugger to get out....
webb22 wrote:I've also heard that the only 'off the shelf' 9mm subs is some Israeli milspec stuff - but whether this is a myth or not commercially available - who knows?
I does do know

Used to run 9mm IMI SAMSON in my Walther P38 back in the pre-ban days. May still have a box left - but only that - an empty box

Look at the bullets offered by Tim Hannams - they have some Hornady 9mm 147gr XTP (but they are a hollow point so Section 5, unless your gun is conditioned for vermin, etc.)
They also have the RelCom 9mm 147gr FMJ for about £21/100 - though these are listed as BULLETS - if you want bullet HEADS they cost 4 times that price as I have to convert them to left handed thread, etc. on a steam powered widget
p.s. is this what it was like 'back in the day'? ;)
Attachments
tyrannosaurus_t_rex_dinosaur_guns_square_stickers-p217765567976006534bah05_400.jpg
tyrannosaurus_t_rex_dinosaur_guns_square_stickers-p217765567976006534bah05_400.jpg (20.2 KiB) Viewed 978 times
Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

#14 Post by Sandgroper »

Out of curiosity, what firearm are these reloads for?
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Blackstuff

#15 Post by Blackstuff »

webb22 wrote: I've also heard that the only 'off the shelf' 9mm subs is some Israeli milspec stuff - but whether this is a myth or not commercially available - who knows?

many thanks

jon
Geco make a subsonic 9mm but god knows what they cost, particularly for a small order.

http://geco-munition.de/en/products/han ... !0/590/350

My RFD get me 2000 rds of the 124gr Geco stuff which worked out at £11 / 50. The importer has told him that that price was a mistake and it should've been £15 / 50. And its since gone up again, to £18 / 50 **** :55: kukkuk

Once i've used everything i've got i think it'll be time to buy me a reloading press! :roll:
DVC
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#16 Post by DanTheMan »

Blackstuff wrote: Geco make a subsonic 9mm but god knows what they cost, particularly for a small order.
My RFD get me 2000 rds of the 124gr Geco stuff which worked out at £11 / 50. The importer has told him that that price was a mistake and it should've been £15 / 50. And its since gone up again, to £18 / 50 **** :55: kukkuk
Once i've used everything i've got i think it'll be time to buy me a reloading press! :roll:
I'd question your RFD (or his importer), it's only £22 per 100 here and still retails £15 per 100 in Europe, he should be able to buy it trade much cheaper.
Blackstuff

#17 Post by Blackstuff »

Ah the mythical ITL Shooting Supplies, do they really exist? Or is it just a collective illusion?? I've tried emailing and ringing them over a dozen times and i'm yet to get a response!
DVC
webb22

#18 Post by webb22 »

Sandgroper wrote:Out of curiosity, what firearm are these reloads for?
i just picked up a southern gun lever release rifle - model g (latest glock mag version - not uzi).
Attachments
photo copy.JPG
webb22

#19 Post by webb22 »

Blackstuff wrote:Ah the mythical ITL Shooting Supplies, do they really exist? Or is it just a collective illusion?? I've tried emailing and ringing them over a dozen times and i'm yet to get a response!
only ever seen them at phoenix or trafalgar...the m1 carbine they sell looks nice!
webb22

#20 Post by webb22 »

DanTheMan wrote:
Blackstuff wrote: Geco make a subsonic 9mm but god knows what they cost, particularly for a small order.
I'd question your RFD (or his importer), it's only £22 per 100 here and still retails £15 per 100 in Europe, he should be able to buy it trade much cheaper.
i pay about £25 for 100 - 124gr fmj (magtech)...and youll want something progressive to reload 9mm me thinks :good:

I've got a single stage at the mo which i use for .308 and will have to pick up something more 'productive' once i start to reload 9mm - the geco look good, so thanks for that clapclap